Reveal Productions works across a range of different communities. This is often a complex and subtle process, focusing on building trust, supporting confidence and drama/theatrical skills, creating and devising, rehearsing, performing and engaging. Find out more about Social and Community Theatre here.
Conditions for meaningful creative experiences
Qualities we bring to our practice have to be sensitive to the needs and context of the people of all ages we are working with:
- Inclusion is at the heart of our work
- Supportive and safe spaces for exploration and authentic expression are paramount
- Respect for lived experience of all concerned – participants and facilitators
- Recognise all talents and strengths-based working ensure all ‘diff-abilities’ can shine
- Cultural and historical vibrations connecting participants and audiences with what is meaningful
We call our practice: Creating Shows with Meaning – however short and local our engagement, there is some expression – personal or for an audience, which is meaningful to the performer and/or the audience. Even in classrooms with children, short workshops with small groups or in ‘online in person’ settings, we aim to bring these qualities in to create the conditions for participants to develop and evolve through the creative process.
Our facilitators, led by Joanna, will bring their own lived experience, as well as their specific skills and stories. Joanna encourages the team to look deeply into the work they are doing as well as working more deeply with participants when this is appropriate and employs a range of tools to do this.
One tool is EFT (Emotional Freedom Technique) Joanna is a qualified practitioner in EFT, a practice which is embedded into the work of Reveal. Through this, she is able to work deeply and developmentally together with the performer participants.